THE ORCHARD WELCOMES NEW CLIENTS AND TOASTS LONG-STANDING PARTNERSHIPS
Audioglobe, Transgressive Records, HIT Entertainment, Don’t Believe The Hype and Rhett Miller Choose The Orchard
Nuclear Blast, Epsa Music, Frenchkiss Records, Simply Red, Mr. Bongo, Cleopatra, Daptone and More Celebrate 5+ Years with The Orchard
Cannes, France and New York, NY — January 30, 2012 — The Orchard (www.theorchard.com), music industry pioneers since 1997, today announced the addition of Audioglobe, Transgressive Records, Don’t Believe The Hype, Maximum Sunshine, Tee Pee Records, Average Joe’s, HIT Entertainment, Banana Beat and Outer Battery Records to its catalogue. Covering Italy, UK, France and US, and representing genres ranging from Italian Indie Rock and French Hip-Pop to California-dreaming Pop, these labels have chosen The Orchard as their exclusive digital distributor.
- Audioglobe: Founded in 1993 and one of the leading physical distributors of the Italian market with more than 200 exclusive indie labels and a wide range of genres. Includes artists such as Bud Spencer Blues Explosion, Brunori SAS, Perturbazione and Giardini di Mirò.
- Transgressive Records: A London-based indie label with more than 100 releases under its belt, including albums from Graham Coxon, Jeremy Warmsley and Ox.Eagle.Lion.Man.
- Don't Believe The Hype: Founded by Virginie Berger, a key French new music industry theorist. The Tahiti 80-produced debut album of Hip-Pop French band Manceau, who won the prestigious FAIR award in 2011, will be released in April 2012.
“I chose to sign my label DBTH to The Orchard because I am convinced their services will meet our own high standards - specially thanks to the locally situated (and adorable) teams with real understanding of their markets and the key players there - attentive to our specific needs and responding to our exact concerns,” says Virginie Berger of Don’t Believe The Hype.
Other new signings include digital and physical distribution for New York-based independent record label Tee Pee Records, Old 97’s frontman and successful solo artist Rhett Miller through his label Maximum Sunshine Records and newly-founded Outer Battery Records from Vermont; digital-only deals with HIT Entertainment, the world leading children’s entertainment producers of brands like Thomas & Friends, Bob the Builder and Barney, and Shwayze and Cisco Adler’s label Bananabeat Records; as well as a mobile-focused partnership with Atlanta and Nashville-based Average Joe’s Entertainment, whose roster includes artists such as Montgomery-Gentry, Ira Dean, Kevin Fowler, Corey Smith, Matt Stillwell and more.
While The Orchard continues to sign exciting new clients, it also celebrates many long-standing partnerships, such as:
- 9 years: Epsa Music (Argentina)
- 8 years: Frenchkiss Records (USA), Simply Red (UK), Cleopatra Records (USA), Season of Mist (France), Saregama (India), Helicon Records (Israel), Fierce Panda (UK), Mr. Bongo (UK)
- 7 years: Frontiers Records (Italy), Music Brokers (Argentina), SST Records (USA), George V Records (France), Rendez-Vous Digital (France), Hed-Arzi (Israel), The Montreux Jazz Label (Switzerland), Fire Records (UK)
- 6 years: Nuclear Blast (Germany), Daptone Records (USA), Next Music (South Africa), Rotana (Saudi Arabia), Farol (Portugal), Alia Vox (Spain), Mu-Yap (Turkey), Meta Network (Spain), Boots Enterprises/Nancy Sinatra (USA), Dim Mak (USA)
- 5 years: Music for Dreams (Denmark), Massacre Records (Germany), Discos Musart (Mexico), EMI Pakistan (Pakistan), Babygrande Records (USA)
- 4 years: Barsuk Records (USA), Acuarela Producciones (Spain), Ipecac Recordings (USA), Sony ATV Europe (UK), Uprising (USA), Ovaçao (Portugal), Reader’s Digest (USA), Ruf Records (Germany), GMM Grammy (Thailand)
“We remain the preferred partner for labels, artists, and managers who are looking to capitalize on the premier services and comprehensive technology platform we offer,” says Brad Navin, CEO of The Orchard. “I look forward to working with all of our new clients, as well as continuing to give our existing clients the support they’ve come to expect from our global team as they build their local audiences.”
Stay tuned for exciting new releases from The Orchard in 2012, such as Dion, Nada Surf, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, Local Natives and more.
About The Orchard®
The Orchard, a pioneering independent music and video distribution company operating in more than 20 global markets, provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard’s creative, tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, as well as physical retailers in North America and Europe. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.