THE ORCHARD MARKETPLACE WELCOMES NEW APPS
Introducing Act Local Music, DIY Music, Charitable Checkout, Link-Busters, ShoutEm and SoundOut
New York, NY — February 13, 2012 — The Orchard, music industry pioneers since 1997, today announced the additions of Act Local, DIY Music, Charitable Checkout (powered by Dympol), Link-Busters, ShoutEm and SoundOut to its Marketplace. Since the September launch of the Marketplace, it has been used by hundreds of Orchard labels from countries as diverse as Argentina and Switzerland, to fulfill basic needs such as sending music to SoundCloud, as well as to streamline more advanced initiatives such as creating a Moontoast Impulse store to sell music directly to fans.
“The Orchard Marketplace has made it so easy for us to find and use tools like Songpier and Ganxy to market and sell our artists’ music the best way possible and we even benefit from their discounts,” says Patrick Walch, Head of Digital at Nuclear Blast. “Plus, when I discover a new company that I’m interested in using, I just let The Orchard know and they investigate them as a possible Marketplace partner. With the Marketplace, The Orchard has become even more of an extension of our team.”
The Marketplace’s premier collection of seamlessly integrated sales, marketing and business tools now includes the following companies:
- Act Local - Offers artists and labels an affordable solution for non-technical users to build and manage promotional apps that reach fans everywhere they connect—smartphones, tablets, e-readers and desktops
- DIY Music - Turn your social media efforts into a revenue stream. Reach more fans and generate more sales through a new social commerce application for Facebook. Music fans can discover, listen, share and purchase songs right from your page or from their news feeds.
- Charitable Checkout (powered by Dympol) - A cause-marketing platform that enables music artists (and other celebrities) to partner with their fans and brands to raise money for their favored causes. When fans give to celebrity-endorsed charities they get rewarded with brand-sponsored discounts and public thanks from their heroes on social networks.
- Link-Busters - Protects some of the world’s best-selling artists and labels against illegal sharing of their products on social media, blogs, fora, filehosters and torrent-sites
- ShoutEm - Enables bands and labels to design and publish native apps for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones for their fans - news, music, tour dates, videos, community wall, push notifications and more...
- SoundOut - Leading research and audience insight tool for new music that guarantees accurate and objective insight into any track by any artist, powered 100% by real music fans & consumers
All new Marketplace apps are available now.
About The Orchard®
The Orchard, a pioneering independent music and video distribution company operating in more than 20 global markets, provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard’s creative, tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, as well as physical retailers in North America and Europe. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.